Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Project Life Weeks 1 and 2

I fell flat last year on Project Life and have about 2months finished.  While I loved the process and the end result I just couldn’t maintain it while we were in transition due to our move.  I gave up on it and just decided to start fresh for 2013.

This year I will be mostly using the Seafoam kit with bits leftover from the Clementine kit and some of my own stuff as well as printables that I come across.

Week one is a mix of different projects as I was waiting for the Seafoam kit to come available. The title card is from the Seafoam kit, the Love card is some rub-ons from my stash and the Today card is from Technique Tuesday.  The Happy New Year and 2013 die cuts are from Silhouette.

PL Week 1

PL Week 1 A

PL Week 1 B

Week 2 is just as simple, I don’t think I am going to make these weeks difficult.  I want to document our lives without being too product crazy.  Some weeks I may be more creative but I imagine simplicity is what will help me stay current with this.

Aubrey brought her second quarter report card home so I photo copied it and stuck it into a 8.5x11 page protector.

PL Week 2

I had these fun little coffee stickers sitting on my desk for a few months.  I picked them up from the Target Dollar spot and was waiting for something to add them to.  I just grabbed a grid card and stuck them on there. 

PL Week 2 A

The photo with the EEEEK! journaling was made using one of Cathy Zielski’s mini templates.  I love these for small prints! 

PL Week 2 B

I have week 3 finished but need to wait for better light to photograph it.  Does anyone have tips for helping these photos look better?  I have such a hard time photography through the page protectors!

On another note, I just sold my Cricut Expression so I could purchase a Silhouette Cameo!  It was such a tough decision for me since I loved the Cricut but the flexibility of the Silhouette better suits me right now.  At least the Cricut stayed in the family since my aunt bought it off me so I can have visitation when I feel the need for some super cute Create A Critters! 

No comments: