Thursday, June 9, 2011

Love To Travel

love to travel LO

I played along with the Frosted Designs sketch posted on May 31st and finished this layout yesterday.  I snapped these photos outside of a Starbucks in Dresden, Germany while we were waiting on JG.  It was a gorgeous day in October and the girls were happy to be out exploring.  Dresden is a beautiful city and I enjoyed our time there.

Journaling is simple and reads “You love to see new places.  I am so happy to experience them with you.  Dresden, Germany October 2010”

Products used:  Papers, buttons, flower and stickers are from Basic Grey’s Pyrus Collection.  Grey and white twine is from My Minds Eye Lime Twist collection.  Grey Cardstock is by Bazzil Basics.

I used an off white acrylic paint and a foam brush and lightly painted on the background (it is a little hard to see in the picture).  Some stitching around the circle and outside edges of the paper finished off the layout.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

DanaMK said...

Really cute! Love it! And it works so well for this week's issue challenge too!

Lydia said...

Such a cute layout! I love the way you've used that Basic Grey paper. I have that one in my stash and have some ideas now. :) Thanks for playing along with Frosted Designs!
Lydia

Fern said...

What a sweet layout, Shanon!! Love the CAS look and your stitching around the edge is wonderful!! Also like the added buttons!!! Your daughters are adorable!!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Sketch Along Tuesday/Frosted Designs!! Hugs!!

Unknown said...

I love the stitching on the circle and the white background! Well done with the sketch~ thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs for Sketch Along Tuesdays!

Debbie said...

Adorable layout!!! Sweet pictures!!! Love the little buttons! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs Sketch Along Tuesdays!

Debbie Bakk said...

Adorable pics of your daughters- love all the cute embellies Thanks for joining us at Sketch Along Tuesdays

li-bee-ti said...

Such a lovely layout! I love the CAS look. The stitching and buttons are the perfect touch.
Thank you for playing with us at Sketch Along Tuesday @ Frosted Designs.