Wednesday, March 16, 2011

iPod Case

After thinking we lost an iPod back in October while we were out of town I ended up with a new iPod Touch.  James took my old one which was newer than the one he had that disappeared.  Since I carry my iPod with me nearly everywhere because I love the camera and the girls love the free game apps I wanted a case to protect the screen while it was stored in my purse. 

I was thinking of purchasing a cute case from Etsy but I have a hard time buying things I could probably make myself, especially since I already had the necessary fabric to put it together.  I am not a great seamstress but I can get by and sew simple things.  So when I saw this tutorial by Tammy over at Not JUST A Housewife it was just the inspiration I needed to finally make my case. 

The tutorial is easy to follow and the case went together quickly.  I used some Amy Butler fabric I had on hand along with a plain pink cotton to finish it off.  I added a giant ruffle across the back and since it was the first time I ever attempted making a ruffle like this I am fairly pleased.  It is just slightly off but not enough to make me want to go back and fix it.


The really cute pink case that my iPod is in is a Speck Candyshell Case and I loooove it.  It does not slide off at all and has a great rubber-ish protective lip that sticks up a bit off the top of the screen to give it a little bit of protection since we know how sensitive the screens are. 

2 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Shannon, that is an adorable case!! I wanted to share the Stylish Blogger Award with you. When you get a chance, stop by this link and pick yours up: http://ashleyspaperdoll.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award.html

DanaMK said...

Very cute!

Ooops, I see that Ashley has also shared this award with you. :) Well, you've been doubly chosen!
http://scrappingtherapy.blogspot.com/2011/03/passing-on-love.html