Thursday, March 3, 2011

Can You Guess...

Where our last big trip is going to be?  No?  You need a hint?  Ok.....here it is:


We are going to Croatia in June!  I am so excited.  I have wanted to visit there since I saw a tourism ad on CNN International a couple of years ago.  James decided that he wanted to visit when he saw a video of Plitvice National Park.  We are going to drive so we can take our time and stop when we want.  James spent most of the week researching hotels and places to visit and we made the final reservation last night. 

On our way back we are also going to spend an afternoon in Vienna, Austria.  We thought about spending more time in Vienna but most of the top sights there are museums and we just don't visit many museums with the girls.  They are generally well behaved but I swear once we enter a place that requires they use nice indoor voices is the very second they start screaming, fighting and crying.  I love my sanity so we tend to avoid places like that.  I don't want to ruin the experience for other people.  So, just an afternoon in Vienna will be fine for us.   

Has anyone been to Croatia?  I would love to hear your favorites from your trip...food, sights, beaches, etc.  

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

DanaMK said...

Oooh, lucky duck! A couple friends of mine spent two weeks there and one of my friends lived there. Let me talk to them to see what they recommend. :)