Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Berry Sweet Card

I needed to make a thank you card for my sweet aunt (hi Aunt Sheila!) who bought the girls a gift and unfortunately I had been putting it off.  I am usually very prompt when sending thank you cards but I don't always make them.  That is my dirty little secret!  I buy cards about 60% of the time for all occasions.

Just over a week ago I finally stopped procrastinating and made this easy card using the Cricut Country Life cartridge.  I went with a plain white background and used a Martha Stewart border punch across the bottom.  Then I added a strip of American Crafts ribbon, the strawberry and phrase.  I added Stickles to the "sweet" to help it stand out against the strawberry.


Normally I would have added some colored or patterned paper rather than leave it white. I feel like by using the white background it leaves it feeling crisp and clean.  I like that the hearts on the ribbon kinda look like strawberry seeds to me.

So there it is...an easy thank you card that I waited too long to send. 

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

DanaMK said...

That is a stunning card! I love that you chose white as the background as it totally makes the reds stand out. And I LOVE the sparkly berry! Awesome work!