Sunday, January 30, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside

I made this layout during a Club CK 1-Hour Challenge back in early December.  The theme for that particular week was to use lyrics to a holiday song on a layout.  I made a quick photo collage using Photoshop Elements 7.  Using the collage made it super easy to finish this page in just under 60 minutes, especially since I created it last year!  All I had to do was sharpen my photos and drop them into the collage. 

I love these challenges for a couple of reasons.  First, sometimes it is the only layout I get to work on during that week.  Second, sometimes it forces me to work outside of my comfort zone.  Finally, you can win prizes!  I was actually a random winner for that week!  Who doesn't love to win free stuff?  If you are not a member of  Club CK you should check it out.  Basic membership is free and gives you access to the club forums, idea gallery and fun contests such as the 1-Hour Challenge. 


Here are the page deets:  The patterned paper, chipboard snowflakes and adorable snowman sticker are all from Cosmo Crickets Mitten Weather line.  The Tiny Type stickers are Cosmo Cricket as well.  The brown "BABY" letters are American Crafts Foam Thickers, purple pompom border is from Bo Bunny Crafts and purple bling is from Kaisercraft.  I used a brown Sharpie to draw a border around the page. 

Finally, while I am a very pale person, I am not quite as ghostly looking as I appear in the bottom photo!  I swear!




No comments: