Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Berlin....Part 1

We visited Berlin for the second time and this time we actually had time to visit sites!  Last year we underestimated how long it would take for us to wander through the zoo and the surrounding area.   With  no need to return there we focused on the Pergamon Museum and the surrounding area on our first day. 

Here are a few of my favorite photos of the amazing art located inside the Pergamon Museum.  I love museums where you can take photos!  So many castles don't allow photographs to be taken of the interiors and that always disappoints me.  Anyways, I took a ton of photos at the museum but it would take me days to post more than a few due to the crazy slow internet connection we have.

A frieze featuring the Goddess Athena from the Pergamon Altar.


A portion of the famed Ishtar Gate.

The Berlin Dom is near the museum and I loved the green colored dome against the blue sky.  Unfortunately for us there was a service being held at the time we wanted to tour so we didn't get a chance to see the interior. 
I love this mosaic from the Berlin Dom.

Finally, I will leave you with this little gem.............This gentleman was having his stag party and offered James a beer.  James asked if he would take a photo with me and for a meager 50 euro cents he humored us.  All the red writing on his torso are girls names. 


I hope this last picture doesn't scare you away from my blog permanently!  My next post will have some photos of the Berlin Wall, Checkpoint Charlie and the amazing Reichstadt building.

No comments: