Monday, February 8, 2010

Quick Banner

Valentines Day is fast approaching and as I pulled out the few decorations I had I realized that I wanted more but haven't seen any that I just had to have in the stores (I can't just run to Target or Wal-Mart these days).  So I pulled out some heart shaped doilies I purchased last year, my Slice, red ink pad, white cardstock and a sheet of old paper from a paper stack I bought many years ago and got to work.  In less than 30 minutes I had a cute, simple banner to hang in the window.

At first I wasn't going to add white cardstock behind the doilies but it needed some stability and I like the finished look better with it on there.  So I carefully applied adhesive to the doilie (I managed to rip it in a couple places) and then added it to the paper.  If I had some spray adhesive I probably would have use that instead of adhesive.  Then I trimed away the excess cardstock and inked up the edges.   L-O-V-E was cut using the Wedding Design Card and the circles came from the Basic Shapes and Alpha card.   

I don't have alot of holiday decorations so I am glad I have the supplies to make simple things like this. 


No comments: